Do you have an ordinary dresser that looks like every other dresser in your neighborhood? Or do you have a dresser with lots of potential, but it’s lacking something special? Here’s a great idea for transforming your dresser into something unique and stylish — add a barn door! With just one barn door and some simple tools, you can give your dresser an entirely new look. Keep reading to learn how to turn your ordinary dresser into a unique piece of furniture — with just a barn door!
The first step is to gather the materials you’ll need. To get started, you will need:
• A barn door – You can find these online or at most home improvement stores. Look for one that matches the style and color of your existing furniture. ( With this door, you can cut to size)
• Hardware – This will depend on the size and weight of the door, so make sure you measure carefully before purchasing hardware. Most hardware kits come with all the necessary screws and brackets.
• Tools – For this project, you will need a power drill or screwdriver, as well as basic tools such as a hammer and level. You may also want to pick up some wood glue if needed.
Once you’ve gathered all the materials, it’s time to start transforming your furniture! Follow these steps for adding the barn door:
- Measure the width of your existing dresser drawers and mark these measurements on the back of the barn door. This will help ensure that your new door fits perfectly on top of the drawers.
- Install any necessary hardware onto both sides of the door frame so that it is secure when hung from its hinges on top of the drawers. Make sure to leave enough room for clearance when opening and closing the door.
3. Mark where each hinge should be screwed into place at each side of the frame using a level as reference point for accuracy. Drill pilot holes in each spot before inserting screws into place with your drill or screwdriver (depending on what type of screw was provided).
4. Carefully hang your new barn door onto its hinges at each side of the frame above your existing drawers – making sure not to pinch any fingers while doing so! Finally, use wood glue around any areas that may need extra support such as corners or edges that are not secured by screws or bolts (optional).
5. All done! Admire your finished product! Now sit back and enjoy how much more stylish and unique this piece stands out compared to others in its category–all thanks to one easy-to-install barn door!
Transform any ordinary piece in minutes with this easy DIY project—adding a barn door to an existing dresser! With just one extra part and some basic tools, this project is perfect for those looking for an inexpensive way to spruce up their home decor without breaking their budget or spending countless hours remodeling their entire space from scratch—just add a barn door! So if you're looking for ways to makeover furniture quickly without compromising quality or style—try adding a barn door today!
SMARTSTANDARD 5FT Super Mini Double Door Cabinet Sliding Barn Door Hardware Kit -Smoothly and Quietly -for TV Stand, Closet, Window -Fit 15" Wide Door Panel -I Shape Hanger (NO Cabinet)
❤️🌚👇p.s. Transform an old dresser into a unique barn door - it's the perfect rustic upgrade for any home!
Looking for a new way to update or build your barn door?
Check out our new handle set! It's designed to match the look of wooden barn doors and it comes in a variety of colors to choose from.
You'll love how easy it is to install - just screw it on and you're done! Plus, it's durable so you can use it for years to come.
: Purchase the JUBEST 11-13/16'' Barn Door Handle Pull and Flush Handle Set today!
JUBEST 11-13/16'' Barn Door Handle Pull and Flush Handle Set for Sliding Barn Door Hardware
Why We Love It:
JUBEST 11-13/16'' Barn Door Handle Pull and Flush Handle Set is the perfect way to add a touch of rustic charm to your home decor. This set is made of quality steel and is finished with a powder coated black textured finish that will last for years to come. The pull handle is 12" long, while the flush handle is 8-11/16" long, making it perfect for doors with a thickness of 1-3/4" and 1-3/8". Installation is also a breeze, as there is no need to chisel out on the door for the flush handle.
What You Should Know:
The JUBEST 11-13/16'' Barn Door Handle Pull and Flush Handle Set is the perfect addition to any dresser with a barn door. Its classic design will instantly add a touch of rustic charm to your home decor. The heavy construction and good feel to the door handle will ensure that your door is securely in place. Plus, the black textured finish will ensure that your handle set will look great for years to come. So why wait? Get your JUBEST 11-13/16'' Barn Door Handle Pull and Flush Handle Set today!